Register as a teacher

If you are a qualified teacher looking for a job in South Africa, you must register with the South African Council for Educators (SACE).

Your qualification must be recognised for employment in education before you register with SACE. If you have foreign qualifications, these must first be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).

Find out more about registering as a teacher with the:


Last modified
10 Jan 2014